Friday, September 7, 2007

kaiyakiba.

i hardly slept this night, the strong wind and rain of the taifun kept me awake and i was dreaming about annoying things and persons again which happens too often lately. i wake up all angry or sad or both. this morning i was feeling a bit sick from last night's binge. i tried to appear as sober as possible but when i went down to the kitchen i greeted my dozy host father with a loud and cheery arigatô! (="thank you") instead of a ohayô! (="good morning"). there was a moment of silence and he looked at me rather confused before i started apologizing and mumbling ohayô, ohayô!!, sat down at the table and ate my cornflakes without saying another (wrong) word.

when i left the house, the weather was great: sunny and a fresh breeze. i really enjoyed my ride to the university because later that day, it was only hot and sticky again.
in the afternoon we went to the mie prefectural art museum. the exhibition wasn't very interesting imo, although there were a few paintings i really really liked (e.g. kaiyakiba by noriyuki ushijima).

when we arrived at school again i couldn't find my bike. i thought it was stolen and went to the office. they suggested that i should look for it on the campus so poor ana and me looked for that goddamn bike everywhere only to find it in the end at the very same spot where it always stands. just embarrassing.

i've just watched this cheesy tv drama called yamada tarô monogatari with my host family, i need that theme song! tomorrow my host kids have a ballet performance, i'm really looking forward to that. afterwards we'll go to see a hanabi where i'll probably put on the pink yukata i got as a gift from my host family. after that, we'll stay at their grand parents. they live by the sea and i asked them if i may go swimming but they said it's too dangerous because there're too many jellyfish there. dammit, i really wanted to swim in the pacific!

university life

No comments: